Joe brings scientific rigor to designing and creating strategies that enable deeper understanding and commitment to change.
Joe McCarron focuses on bringing together groups of committed people and supporting them in their work together to co-design and co-deliver innovative solutions to systemic problems. Educated in the earth sciences, he spent seven years with Shell International, developing new business opportunities and strategic options. Joe also spent five years as a research scientist with the British government, travelling and working in the Antarctic Peninsula. He subsequently published several papers in international journals based on this research.
Joe has worked in both polar regions, cycled solo across the Sahara, and travelled extensively in the Himalaya. He credits these experiences with instilling an understanding that, no matter the enterprise, clear communication and authentic leadership are critical to success.
Earth science, business, arts, leadership
- Open Contracting Partnership
- Emergency Aid Lab
- Flip the Clinic
- Bhavishya Alliance for Child Nutrition
- Sustainable Food Lab
- Electricity Innovation Lab
- Meadowlark Project—social and economic regional regeneration
- Innovation and collaboration in Africa—the World Bank
- The reinvention of the food and agriculture system of Detroit