Adam organizes, designs, and facilitates processes that help move people forward together on their most important and intractable issues.
Adam Kahane is the best-selling author of Solving Tough Problems, Transformative Scenario Planning, and Power and Love. Nelson Mandela said of Solving Tough Problems, “This breakthrough book addresses the central challenge of our time: finding a way to work together to solve the problems we have created.”
In 1991 and 1992, Adam facilitated the Mont Fleur Scenario Exercise, in which a diverse group of South Africans worked together to effect the transition to democracy. He has since led influential cross-sectoral dialogue-and-action processes in more than 50 countries. During the early 1990s, Adam was head of Social, Political, Economic and Technological Scenarios for Royal Dutch Shell in London. He later held strategy and research positions with a number of corporations and institutions.
Systemic transformation, complex situations, conflict resolution
- Introduction to Collaborating with the Enemy
- Reading Power and Love in Asia
- The Bandung Scenarios: Possible Futures of Energy in Indonesia
- Progress on Agreeing New Strategies to Deal with the Drug Problem in the Americas
- Exploring Alternatives to the War on Drugs
- Accelerating Innovation in the U.S. Electricity Sector
- Drugs Scenarios Reos Partners Supports “Game-Changing” Scenario Project on Drugs in the Americas
- Announcing the Launch of Adam Kahane's New Book: 'Transformative Scenario Planning'
- Transformative Scenario Planning
- Learning by Doing: Using the Change Lab Approach to Design New Change Labs
- Interview with Adam Kahane on Thailand
- Learning from Experience: The Mont Fleur Scenario Exercise
- An Introduction to Power and Love: A Theory and Practice of Social Change
- Changing the World by Changing How We Talk and Listen