Batian generates creative tension between the present and the potential future, which in turn generates movement toward that vision.
Batian Nieuwerth is driven by a commitment to the growth and development of communities and organizations—and of the individuals who are part of them. He is especially interested in strategic and tactical issues that call for a multilateral approach. With a strong background in business and system dynamics, Batian excels at conceptualizing, organising, and connecting thought and action.
Batian is a co-founder and board member of Pluk, a platform for launching Social Labs in The Netherlands. Previously, he started a successful business in system dynamics and worked in asset management and as a real estate manager. Batian has also been responsible for large urban sustainability and social innovation projects.
Business solutions, strategy, social transformation, organizational change
- North Sea Energy Lab: towards the North Sea as a Sustainable Energy Source
- Pluk Learning Platform
- Prisoner Reintegration Lab
- Transition in healthcare through long-term community pilots
- Set up and implementation of an academic training program on public value and public management
- Creation of a sustainable framework for cooperative and membership-powered energy companies