This interactive and dynamic course takes place from the 19-21 September 2022, in it we will look at the underlying systemic drivers of mis- and disinformation.
While digital information technologies have the potential to benefit individuals and societies in many useful and important ways, their propensity to amplify and accelerate mis- and disinformation leads to vulnerabilities on a global scale. Approaching disinformation from a systemic perspective goes beyond reacting at the event level to isolated incidents of “fake news”, rumors, and hate speech, towards seeing and responding to the more complex interplay of factors that are perpetuating the problem. In this interactive and dynamic course we will look at the underlying systemic drivers of mis- and disinformation and consider strategic leverage areas for sustainable influence.
During the three day, online course, participants will gain:
- A new holistic perspective on the mis- and disinformation ecosystem and improved visibility into how it may impact your efforts in achieving your impact goals
- A clearer view on the roles you can play and the contribution you can make in shifting the disinformation system
- New relationships with others across sectors and disciplines who are asking similar questions
- Enhanced capabilities for navigating complexity and understanding systems
The sessions will include different speakers from our expert network of thought leaders (to be announced one month before the course start date). Facilitation will be provided by Mille Bøjer, co-Founder and Director of Reos Partners, and Lisa Rudnick, Senior Consultant at Reos Partners.
- Dates: 19, 20 and 21 September 2022
- Time: 15:00-17:30 each day
- Location: Zoom and Mural
- Cost: 795 CHF/EUR/USD
- Language: English
For more information about the framing and background of this course, please see:
- Alternatives to a war on mis- and disinformation: https://reospartners.com/alternatives-to-a-war-on-mis-and-disinformation/
- Exploring systemic solutions to the crisis of misinformation: https://reospartners.com/exploring-systemic-solutions-to-the-crisis-of-misinformation/
- Countering disinformation, insights from a global convening series: https://reospartners.com/countering-disinformation-insights-from-a-global-convening-series%EF%BF%BC/
- Building Shared Realities: What we miss when we focus on misinformation without a systemic perspective: https://reospartners.com/building-shared-realities-what-we-miss-when-we-focus-on-misinformation-without-a-systemic-perspective/
About Reos Partners
Reos Partners (www.reospartners.com) is an international social enterprise specialized in multi-stakeholder dialogue and collaboration in situations of complexity, uncertainty, and conflict. Reos Partners applies a systemic, collaborative, and creative approach to design, facilitate, and guide processes that enable teams of stakeholders to make progress on their toughest challenges. Reos engages with governments, business, and civil society organizations on challenges such as justice, peace, health, education, conservation, food, and climate. The Reos Partners team operates both globally and locally, with offices in Cambridge (Massachusetts), Geneva, Johannesburg, London, Melbourne, Montréal, and São Paulo. The name Reos means “flow” reflecting an aim to create movement in situations of stuckness.